Saturday, May 29, 2010

"Ryu no Ko" Unreal Mod

Okay, since it's been about six months since I graduated from the Art Institute of Atlanta, I figured it's about time I updated my blog. I changed the formatting to more closely match my official website (which, as you will notice, is: www.AaronRAult.com). During the past six months I've been interning at World Touch Gaming (www.worldtouchgaming.com), creating all of the art content for a new 3 X 5 video slot entitled "Flaming Flamingos." This includes all of the concept art and graphic design for the main screen, characters and bonus round; as well as creating all of the character models, textures, rigging, animations, special effects and post production. Due to my NDA, I will have to get approval before I post any of my work related to that project.

In the meantime, I have finally begun work on an Unreal Mod which is basically a retelling of the Dracula story set in feudal Japan, entitled "Ryu no Ko" (aka "Dragon's Child"). I have tied the story into various Japanese mythological legends, and will, therefore, use Japanese mythological creatures as "Dracula's" minions (instead of the traditional bats, wolves, et al.). Here is the concept art for the first three creatures: Kappa, Oni and Ohaguro Bettari (with more to follow).



2 comments:

andrewQuintiliani said...

Very cool, glad to see some more work from you!!! I can't wait to see more!

Anonymous said...

http://andrewquintiliani.blogspot.com/

I really liked this part of the article, with a nice and interesting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know.. You need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this... Success for you.....!!!